Background

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Recent ramblings

Times here lately in the Hall household have not been the easiest. Many different things have been causing some grief. The most recent is this cold that we all seem to be passing around. Dylan came home from school on Friday saying that his throat hurt. Slowly but surely he started getting more and more sick. Today he doesn't have a voice. I started feeling the effects of a cold coming on early Sunday morning when the coughing began. UGH! Now Brian is starting the coughing. I hope we all start feeling better and can get back to our normal routines. I guess this is going around like crazy right now. The Mt. Cedar pollen is causing people to have stronger allergies which in turn lead to nasty colds. We are going to make sure to keep taking our allergy meds and Vitamin C!

I mentioned that other things have been happening in our lives. We have been enduring some major trials...and hopefully will get through and be even stronger. It's always difficult to keep your head up when things get so bad, but sometimes it's worth forcing that chin up! I won't lie, being optomisitc when everything seems to be falling apart isn't the easiest thing to accomplish...but it is worth it in the end.

I have recently found a lot of escape through my kindle. I love that I can get my hands on books instantly. I was watching Dr. Phil the other day and Kelly Cutrone was on as a correspondent and mentioned her new book: "If you are going to cry go outside: And other things you mom didn't tell you". I'm not usually a inspirational biography reader, but this one sounded different. I started out by reading the sample my kindle offered of the book...I was hooked. She talks a lot about listening to your inner voice and not letting others influence that voice! We should be allowed to make our own decisions and follow our dreams whatever they may be. I haven't read the book yet, but I am looking forward to reading it and being inspired.
I have really lucked out having a mom who is also the high school librarian.
If you didn't know...this is my mom, LaDee.



My mom is so amazing, and is the reason both Dylan and I love reading SO much. My mom has introduced me into so many different and wonderful books. So has my sister Keaton.

If it weren't for these two women. I would have NO life! Besides being wonderful at giving me new book ideas to pack my kindle with, they are my very BEST friends!

My mom and I have had our ups and downs, but nothing will ever take away the love I have for her. My mom has taught me how to love unconditionally and for that I am very greatful! I love knowing that I can call her and cry and she'll talk to me for hours until I am calm. The past few years my mom and I have become best friends. It's nice to be able to lay it ALL out there and not get scolded for cussing! Hahaha! I have a wonderful mom!

My little sister Keaton is also my best friend. Our relationship started the day she was born (July 18, 1992), I will NEVER forget that day. I was instantly in love with her and protective like a mini mom! I still feel that way at times. I feel bad for the guy that comes into Keaton's life...I will be hell to deal with if they ever fight! No one messes with my Kea!

Anyways, it's time for me to guzzle some orange juice and read a little bit on my kindle. Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Love me tender, Shae

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! Books, moms and sisters are a wonderful thing! I am glad you have a great relationship with them both! I hope that you guys feel better soon over there!

    ReplyDelete